Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Come and Gone!!

The Boys on Christmas Day!
Lincoln's new hunting shirt and helicopter

Kyson's first gift of Christmas


Boy I can't believe that Christmas has come and gone already. Life has been so crazy that we never even got all the Christmas decorations up. We did put up the tree and decorated that and Trevor did put the lights up outside. So we did have a little bit of Christmas. I didn't get much baking in. The only thing I made was biscotti for our neighbors and friends. But we didn't lack in holiday sweets. Our Holiday was wonderful. We enjoyed Christmas eve with my family at my mom's house. We ate ham and turkey and opened a ton of presents. Kyson had a wonderful first Christmas and enjoyed eating the paper more than opening the presents. Christmas morning Trevor's parents came over and the boys opened their presents from Santa. Then we headed over to my sister's house and had creamed eggs (family tradition that we only get on Christmas). We had a wonderful time just hanging out. After that we returned home and just relaxed. Trevor had a 4 day weekend and we enjoyed having him around and hanging out with our little family. Our favorite gifts this year are: Trevor- new choke for his gun...in his words he blew a clay pigeon to dust (you should have seen how excited he was/ Jill- my Mommy necklace from my husband and my new pots and pans...oh they are fabulous/ Lincoln- new hunting shirt (so he can go hunting with daddy he says) and his Megatron Transformer/ Kyson- really enjoyed watching his brother play with his new ball popper. We were very blessed and are very thankful for all our wonderful gifts. I now have two more weeks off and I am planning on getting somethings done around the house and enjoying my boys. It is so nice to have a restful vacation. I head back to school on the 11th and I am sure by then I will be ready. But as for now...not getting out of your jammies unitl after 12 is very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment